Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday

30 weeks 3 days

There was a chance, as slight as it might have been, that I would get to go home today. My OB was hopeful, therefore I was excited and hopeful that I would get to go home. I miss home. Today was my weekly perinatology appt. It was a doctor I had never seen before and I really didn't care for her. Nothing against her, it's just nice knowing that the same people are following my weekly progression, they know my history, and they know me. Instead she kept her nose in my chart, looking at the images like they were alien, and treated me like a task to be checked off her list. Bah. I sure hope my regular guys are there next week...


So here's the latest:



  • baby girl weighs about 3 pounds 14 ounces...yea!

  • she's measuring 4 days bigger than normal

  • she is still breech...with feet on the stitch

  • cervical length is still super short (about 6mm)

  • the cerclage is still holding, but not very tightly

  • it's still a girl...phew!

  • I'll be living in room 504 until further notice

  • I finally have more weeks behind me than I do ahead of me. 10 weeks down, 9 to go!

Doctor L (my OB) comes daily to check on me. Today he was so sweet. He has been so sympathetic and today he was really concerned about all the stress being in the hospital has put on me, my family, friends, everyone who has picked up the slack and taken care of us. He knows how hard it is to be stuck in the same room day after day after day and he felt really bad that I am in this situation. I reassured him that I am okay being here. It's not easy at times, and it's definitely not how I would have planned it, but I know that it is for the best. Both Brian and I are willing to do whatever it takes to help this baby girl grow as much as possible. Many things are out of our hands, but what we can do, we will do. It's a small price to pay.


So, baby girl is growing. She is healthy and getting stronger and we are so grateful for every day that she keeps cookin!






1 comment:

Adam & Emily said...

You look so cute and so good!! Love the shirt. :) I am excited to see my cute little niece. Love ya!!