Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Both Ryker and I celebrated our birthdays in April...and what celebrations they were!
The boys got me this beautiful balloon bouquet and a gift card for my Nook. Brian got me a camcorder, and I had lots of family and friends make my birthday in bed one that I will never forget. It was a great day and I am so thankful to everyone who made it special.Brian and the boys wrestling after the birthday celebration. This is a nightly occurrence. Can you see Jaxon's feet under Brian's neck? It's serious wrestling and they love it!


Brian always makes birthdays special and fun at our house. The night before Ryker's 3rd birthday, he decorated the house with streamers, balloons, and Curious George decor while I laid on the couch and watched him. Believe me. It's harder to sit there and watch than it is to help!The house looked amazing and Ryker was so excited when he walked out of his room the morning of his birthday.


I had the camcorder going while Ryker opened presents, so there aren't many pictures. Here he is opening a movie....Scooby Doo I believe.
Jaxon is showing us Ryker's Power Rangers. Ryker may not look excited (he must be opening up another present) but he loved them. He is very into Power Rangers and other super heros right now. He also got a club house for his birthday. The weekends have either been super busy or cold and rainy so Brian hasn't had a chance to build it yet. Once it's up I will have Brian take a picture.

Ryker is such a fun little guy. He is very determined and knows exactly what he wants. He likes bananas cut up in coins, served in a bowl, and eats them with a toothpick. Knowing what he wants helps to diffuse potential melt downs. He loves Jaxon and they play so well together. They also get on each other's nerves really well :) He is still our super tiny guy...weighing only 24 pounds. What he lacks in size he makes up for in sweetness and spunk.


It's hard to image that it's been three years since he joined our family. We love him and all he brings to our lives.




No comments: