Friday: We spent Friday afternoon driving to Denver. For any of you who thought this would be a fun scenic route let me set the record straight. Wyoming is the most boring, desolate, flat state I have ever been through. The only exciting thing to see in Wyoming , besides the windmills, was the sign that read
"Welcome to Colorful Colorado". We arrived in Denver around 7 that night. We booked our 3-star hotel room on-line. I don't know if it's because we watched "Silence of the Lambs" that night on T.V., but it reminded me a lot of the "Bate's Motel". Hmmmm.Saturday: Saturday morning we met up with Katherine, Marc, and Marc's family at the Flea Market. Man! There's a lot of junk for sale out there! Of course, we had to walk through the ENTIRE market just to make sure we were weren't going to miss out on a stellar deal. We didn't.
Prior to the show we ate dinner at "The Cheesecake Factory". Highly recommend it! It was some of the best food I have eaten in a long time. After dinner we wandered over to the ESPN Zone. In order to get the best deal, Brian bought a game card for hours of endless fun. He will be spending 5 weeks in Denver next spring for his ER rotation so I am sure he will get his monies worth! Unfortunately, we only had time for basketball, air hockey, ice hockey, and bowling. It put the boys in a great mood for the musical.
Wicked! I don't even know where to begin. I don't want to ruin it for all of you out there that have never seen it. It was better than I had expected and I expected it to be marvelous! It brought all the emotions to the surface...humor, sadness, fear, suspense, joy. It was magnificent! I will definitely see this one again. In fact, out of all the musicals I have seen (and I've seen a lot, people!) this one is my absolute, all-time favorite!!! Even Brian and Marc liked it....and that's saying something!One of my favorite things about the story is the discussion of the perception of evil: how a woman who doesn't look or act "pretty" but speaks her mind with unpopular opinions is considered Wicked. So is The Wicked Witch of the West really wicked? Let's just say that all four of us felt very sorry for Miss Elphaba. I'll never watch the Wizard of Oz the same.
The best part was the time Brian and I were able to spend together. Yes, it was a really quick trip with a lot of time spent in the car, and we missed our little guy, but for me it was the highlight of the trip. Brian will be nominated for "Husband of the Year" and for this I am sure he will win!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment