Friends...Forever
It's amazing to me how lasting true friendships really are. Melisa and I have been friends since our glory days at Clearfield High School. Through high school and college we did EVERYTHING together. We worked together, played together, vacationed together, cried, laughed, and dreamed together. She was more than a friend, she was a sister. We became an adopted member in each other's family. In fact, one day Melisa's dad told me that I couldn't move farther than 10 miles away because he knew that Melisa and I would stay close, and he didn't want her to be far away from him. Lucky for him (and us) we only live about 2 miles away from each other.Today Melisa and I took our little boys to the park. While sitting under a tree watching Jaxon and Cameron play, my mind drifted off to years gone by when Melisa and I would sit in the car and talk for hours. The topic of most conversations... boys! Boys we liked, boys that broke our hearts, what lucky boys we would eventually marry. I never thought then that one day we would sit under a tree at the park and talk about our own little boys, and be so completely happy with the way our lives turned out.
1 comment:
Ahhh! I cant believe that picture I haven't seen it for years. We sure did look alot better back then, before the boys came along (husbands and sons) but I wouldnt trade anything to be back there again, my life has been so blessed I wouldnt change a thing. Thank you for your friendship. Melisa
Post a Comment