Then there are moments when I don't quite know what to do with his "I-can-do-it-myself!" two-year-old attitude. Take today for example. It's 5:00 in the afternoon. I decide to check my email while he is watching "The Polar Express". I've been at the computer for maybe 5 minutes when I hear Jaxon shout from the other room.
"Mom, I need help!"
"With what?" I holler back.
"I need milk!"
So, I leave the computer to attend to the needs of my son, who apparently is in need of refreshment. When I see that he isn't sitting on the couch watching his show I take a quick surveillance of the room. Hmmmm, I can't see Jaxon. The pantry door is open. A kitchen chair is missing from the table. It's awfully quiet. Then I spot him.
Enjoying a bowl of cereal (minus the milk) on the kitchen rug! Apparently dinner wasn't coming fast enough. Needless to say that when it was time for dinner, Jaxon wasn't the least bit hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment