As a child I would have moments of severe grumpiness. I don't remember the cause of my bad moods, but I remember the remedy. My mom would tell me that if I didn't talk nice I would have to sing my words, because everyone knows it's hard to be grouchy while singing. (If you didn't know that, try it! It really works!)
This quirky singing didn't stop with my childhood. My poor students had to endure my singing during every spelling test and other random moments in the day. It doesn't matter if you have a great voice like Jordin Sparks (Go, Jordin!) or one like mine, singing is happy and fun!
I enjoy making up songs and singing around the house. Jaxon has apparently picked up on this. I catch Jaxon singing on a regular basis. Today as we were getting ready to walk to the park, Jaxon stood on the garage steps and sang "Popular" (from the Wicked soundtrack. (I know, I know, it's all my fault. Brian is 100% blame-free!) He was really belting it out because the garage has great acoustics!
A few weeks ago, while making dinner, I heard Jaxon playing the piano and singing. It was too tender to pass up. I grabbed the camera and asked if he would sing it again. Being the obedient child that he is, he obliged. Being the proud momma that I am, I'm going to share this tender moment with all of you.
I know it's clear as can be, but just in case...he is singing his version of "I Am a Child of God".