Thursday, May 10, 2007

Gently Rowing


"Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the stream..."

I'd never stopped think about

All that this could mean.


My boat represents myself

The streams are the paths I choose

And each one will determine

Just how much I'll win or loose.


I am captain of my boat

My choices are my own.

I must work at both the oars

If I wish to make it home.


My boat has many carvings

And they tell my story true

Your boat has it's own design

It's unique because it's you.


Our Watchman in the tower

He can see our rivers end

And only He can tell us

What lies beyond the next bend.


For stormy nights that leave us

Feeling helpless, sad, and lost

He navigates our lost boats

From the waters tempest-tossed.


So in the end we'll look back

And we'll see the grand design

Knowing that He led us

Through the best and worst of times.


As we sail along through life

Let us sing a joyful hymn

With praises unto our Watchman

Who let's us feel His love within.


"...Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily

This life is but a dream."

One day it will all be clear

And I'll know what all this means.

No comments: