
Today was the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament hosted by Dr. Houchins, the medical director for the University of Utah's Physicians Assistant Program. Classes 36, 37, and 38 were invited to attend, as well as all medical faculty and residents of the clinics that Dr. Houchins' oversees. It was fun to meet the faces behind the names. We had a spread of good food, nice weather, and lots of basketball to watch.
Brian's team won the tournament for the second year in a row with a winning fade-away 3 pointer by non-other than Brian himself! (My husband is such a stud!!) Fingers are crossed that all three members of the team will be placed in rotations that will allow them to defend their title next year. Way to go, PA Class of 37!!!
BTW, The GBU stands for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" If Scott was The Bad, and Chris was The Good, that leaves Brian as.... Only on the jerseys. We know the truth! Where do they come up with these things?!?!
Okay, this is Brian, a.k.a., The Ugly!! Natalie has been gently suggesting that I write on this, so here I am. I figure I probably should take this opportunity to fill in some of the details of the day that Nat seemed to have left out. First of all, if it wasn't for her generosity, I wouldn't have even had the chance to play today . . . and win a second trophy!! You see, we had made plans to go to Wicked (a musical--for all you non-Wicked followers) in Denver for this weekend. That was before I knew our annual tournament was scheduled for the same weekend. Well, to make a long story short, Natalie allowed me to change our trip to the following weekend if only I could make sure, and I mean dang sure, that we could get tickets for the show then. I was able to miraculously find a woman in Denver who had tickets for next Saturday that wanted to go to the show today. Through a little finagling and with help of friends in Denver, we were able to exchange tickets! I don't think Natalie was too excited about it all (me mixing up all our plans right before we were to leave), but like I said before, the generosity came beaming through. She's the best. Besides, I'm going to a musical. A musical, people! And I'm excited for it . . . she told me so!!
P.S. About the winning shot--it was pretty cool. I don't get to be the hero to often, mostly the goat, hence the name I got of the three!
Brian's team won the tournament for the second year in a row with a winning fade-away 3 pointer by non-other than Brian himself! (My husband is such a stud!!) Fingers are crossed that all three members of the team will be placed in rotations that will allow them to defend their title next year. Way to go, PA Class of 37!!!
BTW, The GBU stands for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" If Scott was The Bad, and Chris was The Good, that leaves Brian as.... Only on the jerseys. We know the truth! Where do they come up with these things?!?!
Okay, this is Brian, a.k.a., The Ugly!! Natalie has been gently suggesting that I write on this, so here I am. I figure I probably should take this opportunity to fill in some of the details of the day that Nat seemed to have left out. First of all, if it wasn't for her generosity, I wouldn't have even had the chance to play today . . . and win a second trophy!! You see, we had made plans to go to Wicked (a musical--for all you non-Wicked followers) in Denver for this weekend. That was before I knew our annual tournament was scheduled for the same weekend. Well, to make a long story short, Natalie allowed me to change our trip to the following weekend if only I could make sure, and I mean dang sure, that we could get tickets for the show then. I was able to miraculously find a woman in Denver who had tickets for next Saturday that wanted to go to the show today. Through a little finagling and with help of friends in Denver, we were able to exchange tickets! I don't think Natalie was too excited about it all (me mixing up all our plans right before we were to leave), but like I said before, the generosity came beaming through. She's the best. Besides, I'm going to a musical. A musical, people! And I'm excited for it . . . she told me so!!
P.S. About the winning shot--it was pretty cool. I don't get to be the hero to often, mostly the goat, hence the name I got of the three!
2 comments:
A fade-away 3......to win the game??? How long and in how many tournaments have we played together and I've NEVER seen you hit a fade-away 3 before??!! (Come to think of it, I'm trying to think of just a regular 3 I've seen you hit in a game!!) Looks like someone's been holding out on us.
Well done Brian. We could use those skills in the annual alumni tournament. Better keep practicing and keep hitting that shot. I am counting on you for the win next year.
Kevin
Post a Comment