I opened up a book called Surgical Recall and found the page on Pituitary Tumors. This is what I found.
- What is the most common pituitary tumor? Prolactinoma
- What is the most common presentation of a prolactinoma? Bitemporal hemianopsia
- What are the blood prolactin levels with a prolactinoma? Greater than 300 mg/L is diagnosed for prolactinoma
- Medical treatment for a prolactinoma? Bromocriptine
- Surgical treatment for a prolactinoma? Trassphenoidal resection of the pituitary tumor
- What is the treatment of a recurrent prolactinoma after surgical resection? Radiation therapy.
Huh? Exactly!
2 comments:
Oh man, I love your blog! I just never know what I'm going to get when I link onto it! I'll have you know, you blog is ALWAYS the first one I check before anyone elses! :) Its been forever since i've got on here and can I just tell you that I am truly honored that You have passed on the smile award to me. :) Now I just need to do all that stuff and post it on my blog! :) Your so fun! We really need to get together!
What's the matter Natalie, your husband doesn't share his medical dictionary with you. I only took med terminology in high school so this is what I got out of it.
1. Prolactin is the hormone that makes you lactate, having to much will also stop your monthly visitor. (you'll never guess how I know that)
2. It is usually found on . . . . . um . . . .the sides of your brain somewhere half way between your ano and your psia ;)
3. you need to take medication for it
4. or they can remove it
5. If it doesn't go away you need radiation.
Okay so watching years and years of er doesn't really make me a doctor.
So next time your confused just pretend to be a genius at something your not, like quilting, that's what I do. ;)
Post a Comment