Hallelujah, we have grass! It was a long time coming, but that's okay now. Between graduation, job interviews, and studying for boards Brian found a few days to get the grass planted. The first couple of days didn't show much, but by day 8 we had grass. Everyday we go outside to survey the growth. We are now officially the weird neighbors that sit and watch their grass grow! I guess it is a step up from being the neighbors with the dirt and weeds!
We were lucky enough to build our home on what used to be an alfalfa field. The soil is super fertile (hence the beautiful weeds we grew) so we didn't need to bring in any topsoil. We didn't even need mulch! All we needed to make our grass grow was seed, fertilizer, water, and lots of love!
Take a looksie at our wonderful grass on day 13!


Seriously, I don't think I have ever been so happy to watch something grow in my whole entire life....besides my children of course!
3 comments:
Yea for grass! We are on day 7 right now and well . . . nothing! Hopefully soon we will see green!
Yahoo, it looks awesome!
Stop it... I didn't even know your grass was in. Maybe I should walk around the block more.
Post a Comment