Well folks, vacation is officially over....almost. Brian spent the last million or so years in school during which time we didn't get to see him much. Many times when he was home he was locked up in his study trying to cram more information into an already information-packed brain. The time we had with him seemed to be precious and few. Since graduation in August we have been spoiled by having him home with us all day everyday (almost). I knew that it wouldn't last forever so I really did try to savor the time we had with him home. Truth be told, I've gotten a little lazy. It's nice having someone around to cook breakfast, help with laundry, play with the boys, go shopping with me, carry an adult conversation. Until today I can't remember my last shopping trip alone with both boys.
Earlier today the boys and I drove Brian to the airport. He is attending a conference this weekend in Atlanta, Georgia for his new job. I, we, miss him like crazy and it's only been 7 hours and 30+ minutes since we said adieu...until Sunday night. It's true.... I've gotten soft (in more ways than one). In many ways I am super excited for this next chapter in our lives. Glad that Brian will be able to use the mounds of information he has learned to help people, mostly excited to get back into a routine (though I will miss the spontaneous trips to Smith and Edwards), and I am sure there are lots of other perks to working. Right now, I am really looking forward to retirement! I think it is safe to speak for the boys as well, but we have all thoroughly enjoyed having him home.
Tonight as I tucked Jaxon in bed his lip started quivering and his eyes filled with tears. "What's the matter, bud?" The tears came rolling as he said, "I miss my dad."
Me too, bud. Me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment