Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yippee Skippee!!!

I rarely ever win anything. In 6th grade I correctly guessed how many gummy worms were in the jar at my friend's Halloween party. In junior high I won a t-shirt for coming up with a slogan for drinking milk. (It was so amazing that I have absolutely no idea what it was...but the shirt was awesome!) My first year teaching we had a drawing for a 2-drawer file cabinet and I won that. My winning streak pretty much ends there. Until today...

You see, there is this blog I like to read, but I don't actually know the people so I feel a little guilty lurking around. Yesterday as I clicked in I noticed they were having a contest (they have another fabulous contest going on right now....you should all at least check it out, the grand prize is amazing). All I had to do was post a comment on what I wanted for Valentine's Day or what I was giving for Valentine's Day. The prize? A $25 gift certificate to Target. I love free stuff just about as much as the next gal. So, I commented. Not too hard to do. And guess what? (You probably already know...but take a guess anyway).... I WON!!!!
So, check out the blog. It's fabulous! Lots of good advice (and even more laughs). Thank you Donkey and Wife. You've just made my day!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I think I should have a 10% cut for linking you to the site. But that would only be $2.50 so I guess it's really not worth it!

The only thing I have ever won was a turkey from Maverick. Why a gas station was giving away a turkey is anybody's guess. Anyway, I was single and had no idea how to cook a turkey so it sat in my freezer for a few years until I threw it away.

Michelle said...

Natalie, you are so cute, and a genius at blogging. I love winning stuff too, not that I do very often but it sure is a fun way to brighten your day.