Growing up, one of my mom's favorite sayings was "You can do hard things". Yeah, well sometimes I don't want to do hard things, whether I know I can or not. I didn't think that Brian's trip to Denver would be this hard. I have done the single mom thing before and I survived. The last few nights have been rough. Nothing huge or out of the ordinary. Jaxon and I are really missing Brian. It's bearable. Just rough.
Last night I was struggling with the whole "I'm all alone" bit. Today I had a baby shower to go to for a good friend. I really didn't want to take Jaxon with me for the simple fact that there wouldn't be any other kids there and I just wanted some time to talk to my friends without worrying about the mess that he was making. I feel like I ever do is ask people to watch Jaxon for me. I feel like such a burden sometimes! What else could I do? I either take him with me or find someone to babysit for me. When the daddy is gone there aren't any other options. So I made a few calls last night in hopes that someone out there was just dying to watch my child. Nothing. I started to feel discouraged and (like usual) cried while saying my prayers. I pleaded with Heavenly Father that he would help me be the single mom while Brian is away. I was feeling so worn out. I really wanted to go to the shower and have some "me" time. Not work time. Not mom time. Me time with my friends. I went to bed feeling a great sense of peace that everything would work out (as it always does.)
So this morning came and I made more phone calls. I even called kids that I would pay to watch Jaxon. Again, nothing. I completely understood. Saturday is a busy day for everyone. After multiple attempts, I again became very discouraged. I really thought everything was going to work out. I resigned myself to the fact that I would being taking Jaxon to the babyshower (guaranteed to now be a short appearance), I would miss the leadership training broadcast, but I was convinced that we would have a good day anyway.
We hadn't been at the shower for 5 minutes when a friend of mine said "Why didn't you call me? Jaxon can go play with my boys." I told her that I had called earlier and no one had answered. After a quick call to her husband to make sure it was okay that Jaxon joined the ranks, I wisked him off to her house where he was able to play all he wanted....and I was able to enjoy the shower with my friends.
As we were getting our food, I was talking to another friend. Originally her husband (the bishop) had said that she didn't need to worry about going to the broadcast because it was more important that they spend some time together. He went to the broadcast this morning and when he got home he told her that she needed to go and that she needed to take me with her. So tonight Jaxon is going to go play with the bishop and his 2 girls (whom he loves) and I am going out for the 2nd time today and have "me" time. I don't doubt that it will be a spiritual boost and a much needed rejuvenation.
This was a day of answered prayers. Simple to some and possibly insignificant to others. But to me it shows me that I am not alone. My prayers are heard. I am loved. The Lord will always find a way to give us what we need.
2 comments:
Being a single mom just plain stinks!! Feel free to give me a call if you ever need someone to watch Jaxon. I hate the feeling of abusing friends and neighbors so they can babysit my children.
You can watch him as long as you let me watch your girls...It's not abuse if we trade, right?!?! See you Tuesday! I can't wait to eat all those cookies Ü
Post a Comment