My brother-in-law found this cabin in Island Park for us to stay in. It was super roomy, really nice, and lots of fun.
Jaxon and Jeffrey playing outside the cabin
We had been there for maybe 30 minutes when we lost Jaxon. I looked up and he wasn't sitting at the counter eating his dinner. I walked around the inside of the cabin calling his name. When I couldn't see find him I walked outside to look. I asked everyone I passed if they had seen Jaxon or Jeffrey. No one had seen them. Soon all the adults were walking around calling for them. I was getting panicked, to say the least. We were surrounded by tall brush and trees. Could they hear us calling them? Would they be able to find their way back?What if some stranger had taken them? What if a wild animal had gotten to them? My dad got in his truck and was driving away when we heard they had been found. Safe and sound....under one of the beds inside the cabin! Apparently they were playing hide-and-seek with Jayne. They heard us calling for them, but didn't want to disclose their location. Needless to say Jaxon had a good talking to about answering when his parents call for him....even if it means loosing in hide-and-seek. The rest of the time was less eventful, but lots of fun. The little kids had a great time exploring the cabin, running wild, getting dirty, and being loud. What do you expect with 8 kids five and under?
On Friday we went to Yellowstone. Our first stop was Old Faithful. Unfortunately most of our family pictures will look like this....Ryker hidden in the snugli.
We got there right after the geyser had gone off so we had about 45 minutes to kill before it went off again. We told Jaxon not to get off the boardwalk....
...he didn't listen. It didn't take long before the kids were playing in the gravel/dirt much to their parents dismay.
Mom and Jaxon waiting for Old Faithful
There she blows! Jaxon thought it was pretty cool.
What a guy! Brian ended up carrying BOTH boys most of the time.
Trevor and Me
On Friday we went to Yellowstone. Our first stop was Old Faithful. Unfortunately most of our family pictures will look like this....Ryker hidden in the snugli.
No comments:
Post a Comment