Friday, June 6, 2008

National Doughnut Day

In honor of National Doughnut Day I thought I would take a minute and reflect on these scrumptious treats....

Favorite doughnut moments
  • Making homemade doughnuts on a Sunday afternoon as a kid. Hmmm, I wonder if mom still has that doughnut machine? I might have to give her a call....
  • Eating doughnuts for breakfast on Saturday General Conference.
  • Buying Crumb Doughnuts before choir in high school. Gotta love the vending machines!
  • My boss bringing my paint crew doughnuts and juice on my last day of work.
  • Eating doughnuts with the student council kids after our morning meetings.
  • Anytime I eat a doughnut Ü

Favorite doughnut places

  • Tasties
  • My mom's kitchen
  • Any place that sells fresh doughnuts except.....
  • Call me crazy, but I really don't care for Krispy Kream doughnuts

Favorite doughnuts

  • Packaged: Crumb Doughnuts. Yummy!
  • Bismark....cream filled with milk chocolate frosting
  • Apple fritters
  • Blueberry cake doughnut w/ blueberry frosting
  • Old fashioned cake doughnuts
  • Chocolate cake doughnuts

To all my friends everywhere.....Happy Doughnut Day! Have a yummy celebration!!

4 comments:

katherine purser said...

I LOVE DOUGHNUTS!!! I'm really pretty bummed that I was unaware of National Doughnut Day, that is so awesome! Perhaps I'll still celebrate it...just to get a doughnut of course! I also wanted to comment on your Amazing photos of your adorable boys! They turned out really good! I'm way impressed with you, way to go! (Everyone loves Ryker's pic on my fridge too...:)

Michelle said...

You're a goof. Dick's market in bountiful, hands down, makes the best doughnuts of every variety!

Amateur Steph said...

Hooray for donuts! Hey Natalie, I found you on Melisa's blog. Nice to see your cute family, and congrats on your new little boy. Check out our blog-www.excitedandconfused.blogspot.com.
-Stephanie

Amateur Steph said...

I'd love it if you linked to us. Blogging is so fun! I think it was Buckskin Gulch that we hiked into, although it might be called Coyote Gulch too. That's way cool that you've hiked it before. Isn't it amazingly beautiful? Can I link to you guys too? It's fun to keep in touch.