A story about a young rodent, Rodney Rat, who can't say his r's. All the rodents in his class make fun of poor Wodney...until his speech impediment saves the day. "Wodney says wap your paws awound your head....Wap wap wappity slappity slap"THE BAD
This story takes place in a city called Sam-sam-sa-mara, where everyone is named Sam. One day the boy, Sam, and his parents, Sam and Sam, go shopping for new clothes. "Sam looked at Sam. Sam shrugged. Sam shrugged back. Sam nodded. Sam nodded back. Sam and Sam looked at Sam and nodded together. Sam grinned." Sam runs into Tigers on the way to school and they take all his clothes. In the end the Tigers run so fast they melt into butter. Sam scoops up the butter and everyone eats it (the butter tigers) on pancakes. Need I say more?
THE WEIRD
600+ pages about an alien that has taken over a human body and fallen in love with the humans boyfriend and brother. As much as I didn't want the alien to be assaulted by the angry humans, I couldn't like her. She was, after all, an alien who stole a humans body. When faced between choosing humans or aliens, I have to cheer for the humans every time. That just the way it is. My dreams have turned weird. I'm afraid to run into a cat at night...with the glowing eyes and all. I don't know that I really loved it. A little too weird for me. It would make an excellent movie, though. The whole "Earth's being taken over by aliens" bit has done well in the box office.

2 comments:
I read "Twilight" and was entertained, but I haven't been able to pick up the rest of the series. Something about series just makes me not excited.
I love Sam and the Tigers, but I knew it in it's first politically incorrect title, "Little Black Sambo."
We'll have to check Wodney out. It sounds good.
I have to agree on the "Host" for the first half fo the book I just kept thinking it haaaas to get better her other books were great. I did like the story toward the end but it was a little too si-fi for me. I loved her other books, you know vampires and warewolves the stuff that could really happen.:) I'm excited for the movie but I don't have high expectations they never are as good as the book.
Post a Comment