Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Update

I am now dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. The little stinker is still breach. I am scheduled to go in and have an aversion (that's the fancy shmancy technical term for flipped) on Friday. From what has been explained to me this is how it will go down:

I will check into labor and delivery at 11:30 Friday morning. They will put an IV in me to administer some drug (I would have to consult Brian for the actual name..my brain is failing me....but give me some credit, I did remember aversion) to make my uterus relax. The IV is also "just in case they have to do an emergency c-section". I will be hooked up to the fetal monitors to watch the baby's stress levels and they will also do ultrasounds to watch the baby's position. The doctor will then manuever the baby by pushing on my abdomen. After the aversion, which Brian says could last anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, I will be monitored for about 2 hours to make sure everything is still okay. Sounds fairly simple, right?

Another happy note: During Brian's OB rotation the doc he worked with said he has never had anyone go into labor during or immediately following an aversion. That makes me feel better. I don't think I am ready to bring a baby home this weekend. A week or two more would be nice.

I still think I'll take my hospital bag with me and leave it in the car. Just in case. You can never be too ready!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh, good luck! I'll be thinking of you.

Melisa said...

Have Fun? I pray everything goes well.