Yesterday morning Ryker showed signs of a clogged tear duct. It was a little goopy at first, but as the day progressed so did the goop and then the swelling. The poor kid couldn't even open his eye! As always, I consulted the medical mind in the family to know what to do for it. When Brian got home he worked his magic to get the goop out of his eye.
It was a typical night at our house. Brian and I had finished dinner and Jaxon was still sitting at the table thinking about which bite to take next. I was in the recliner with Ryker and Brian was dozing on the couch when we heard Jaxon crash to the floor. Immediately we were both on our feet. Jaxon was under the table crying. Brian ran to him and picked him up off the floor. Jaxon is extremely afraid of blood so whenever he falls he asks "Is it bleeding or just red?" This was the first thing he said through the tears. Of course Brian responded "It's just red, bud" only to find blood on his hand when he touched the back of Jaxon's head. I would have panicked had I been alone. Brian quickly put Jaxon on the counter and started cleaning the wound telling him that he had dirt in his hair from the park. I held Ryker in one arm and Jaxon in the other as Brian stitched Jaxon's head. I couldn't believe how tough Jaxon was! He thought the red stuff was just ketchup....because that's what we told him.
Later that night Jaxon said to Brian "Dad, tell me if we're going to wrestle tonight?" (he meant ask instead of tell). So Brian said, "Do you want to wrestle tonight?" Jaxon replied, "I have a hurt on my head. Maybe next time."
I feel so lucky to have someone around that can fix clogged tear ducts and put stitches in our toddlers head....all in the same night.
P.S. If you see Jaxon in the near future, please don't tell him that he cut his head open. In a few weeks I am sure it will be fine that he knows the truth. Until then, mums the word!!

No comments:
Post a Comment