Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Change On a Dime

It's Tuesday again so time for another update.

I saw my OB last Friday, and while he was happy to see that things hadn't gotten any worse, he wasn't jumping up and down either. He reminded me that when you're dealing with millimeters there isn't a lot of difference between 8mm and 15mm (1.5 cm). He again reminded me that if I was ever worried about anything to go straight to Labor and Delivery. I laughed and said that if I went every time I was worried about something I would be there all the time. He just smiled and said "You can be a frequent flier if you have a cerclage!"

This morning I saw the perinatologist. They did another growth check...these are done every other week and is by far my favorite part of this adventure! She gets very squirmy during the ultrasounds. I don't know if she's bothered by all the peeking and pushing or if she's just excited to say hi to me. I like to think she's just excited :) She weighs about 3 lbs. right now. Before she was measure about a week small, but now she is only measuring a day behind...so she's right on target! Today we saw she has hair...phew! and really good arches in her feet as well as a gallbladder :) Apparently those aren't things you always see in an ultra sound.

She is still breech and pushing down on my cervix. Those feet of hers might be the reason my cervical length is measuring so small. Today the measurement was 5mm. So far it's the smallest length since the cerclage. I'm home, which is good. She's still growing, which is excellent. Again, I was reminded to go straight to Labor and Delivery if there was anything different going on. I'm so grateful to have made it this far (we'll be 29 weeks on Thursday), but would really like to make it much further. 32 weeks is a huge milestone and will be here on May 19th. I would love to see June!

I have good mental health days and some not so good days. I've been down for 8 weeks now and hope to have at least that many ahead of me. I feel like such a burden at times. No one complains, and everyone is so willing and helpful. But I can't stop thinking about how every ones lives are so busy. They have their own kids to take care of, their own houses to clean, families to feed, and things to get done. I hate inconveniencing people and taking them away from everything they need to do. But I can't do much of anything for myself or my family without risking early delivery of our baby. Asking for help has never been easy for me, but I'm getting better :)

I see my OB on Friday. We'll see what he has to say about how things are going. Until then, you can find me on my couch with a stash of food, a laptop, movies, and books galore!

3 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

I wish I lived closer to come and help you!! I am glad that she is still in there and you are doing well. Love ya sister in law!!

Sarahlou said...

That is so cool that you could see hair. Our doc said we would have at least one more ultrasound because I am still measuring big. I can't wait!

Julie said...

I just barely got all caught up on this blog!! I guess it takes you being on bed rest, to update this frequently huh??? I don't have room to talk though, I need to be better about updating!!! I just sit here in disbelief at everything you are going through. I can't even imagine, but at the same time, wow....you have had many blessings unfold for you guys!! What amazing support from everyone and how lucky you are to have things still going well with the baby!!! I really wish I could help out somehow!! Keep the posts coming! Good luck with the future weeks girl! You are in our prayers!