Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Heather tagged me. She said it so well: "Post 5 of your favorite things. Idea, store, product, anything! (pictures not necessary, just thought I would) Like on Oprah's favorite things show, but you won't be receiving any of these until I win the lottary"...except the crackers. I could possibly get you the crackers Ü

1- My piano. I really love playing the piano. It's the first piece of furniture we ever purchased and still my favorite. Pre-Jaxon I played on an almost daily basis.... hour after hour. Jaxon changed that. He didn't enjoy the piano as much as I did. As a toddler he would grab my hands and pull them off the keys while I was playing. Ryker, bless his heart, enjoys the piano. He sits on the floor with toys for as much as 15 minutes at a time so I can play my heart out. I pull out old recital music every once in a while and remind myself that I've gotten rusty. It usually takes an event to pull the music out (like being asked to accompany someone or play in church) but when I start playing it's hard to stop.

2- Whales Crackers. I was so excited when my friend introduced me to my new favorite snack. If you love the delicious Goldfish crackers with all their cheddar goodness, then you will simply love Whales. They taste just as yummy and for a fraction of the cost...and you get more in a package. I love finding a product of equal value for a better deal. It makes me happy!

That leads me to my next favorite thing...3-Couponing! I know I can be a bit of a nerd sometimes, but I really do love getting a good deal. This is my coupon file box. I have folders for the SmartSource, Redplum, and Proctor & Gamble coupons that come in the Sunday newspaper. I also have files for any coupons that come in the mail or with the grocery receipts. I file them by baby, car, house/yard, eating out. The last file is for the grocery ad's. This little file box sits on my laundry room counter and saves our family lots of money. What's not to love?

4- Warm Vanilla Sugar anti-bacterial soap from Bath and Body Works. I love the smell. I love the feel. It's a good clean yummy feeling!


5-Do I really need to explain this one? I absolutely love my new camera! Finally I can get a picture of my boys before they turn their heads. Taking pictures doesn't result in tears and frustration for me or the boys. It has been so fun experimenting with it and I hope one day I can get it all figured out.

5 comments:

lhhadley said...

I am glad you told me about the crackers the other day. I am going to try them out:)

I LOVE bath and body works soap. That flavor is great.

Thanks for playing!

Jeri said...

Hey Nat! I really enjoy your blog(saw the address on your FB page). I can't believe you organize your coupons- I wish I could do that. I'm going to have to try the whale crackers though :)
I saw that you posted a comment on my blog, and in response to your question, YES you can add me to your blog list! Can I do the same? Your boys are so cute! And I wish I had your camera.

Michelle said...

I love soap too, for some reason it makes me feel good to wash my hands with nice soap. I really love the camera, and you can bring my crackers any time, ha ha.

Michelle said...

oops, and the coupon thing is something I never do. I was so bummed I missed R.S. this week, I really needed to go to that one but Bronson was having a rough night blah blah blah, so I'll have to have you teach me the ropes.

Josh said...

I like all those things too. with a few minor tweaks. I can only eat a few crackers, i love the japanese cherry blossom soap, i like taking pictures...and as for the piano i wish i could play. Would you be willing to teach me? Like real lessons? I'd gladly pay you!