Rules: List 6 quirks that you have and then tag 6 other people to list their quirks. Easy enough. Here we go.
Quirk #1: After 8 years I still have silverware in the original plastic sleeves in my silverware drawer. For the first two years only the silverware that was on the top of the box for show was used....one big spoon, one little spoon, one big fork, one little fork, and one knife. The knife we shared or the other person used a steak knife. I really don't like doing dishes. I believe that the more dishes that are available to use the more dishes there are to wash. Yes, now I have a dishwasher which makes washing dishes a little less laborious. I still, however, don't like loading and unloading. Quirk #2: I eat my Fruit Loops/Tootie Fruities by color. Yellow (because it's a happy color) is first, then orange, purple, green, red, and blue.
Quirk #3: I almost never cut the security tags off my clothes that say "Remove before washing or wearing". I used to leave them in Jaxon's clothes as well, until Brian pointed them out to Jaxon now ALL tags bother Jaxon. Go figure. I hope there isn't a cancer-causing agent in those tags. Really I am just too lazy to walk into the other room to get scissors to cut off the tags. Who has time?Quirk #4: I lay in bed some nights and think in text. What? For example the phrase "I hope I still have friends after they read this" would be "4 0 4673 0 #4 78455 0 4283 0 3743637 0 23837 0 8439 0 7323 0 8447" It makes my brain tired so I can go to sleep.
Quirk #5 I don't eat mayonnaise or miracle whip....on anything. Not sandwiches, not in salads. Nada. Zilch. Uh huh. My sandwiches are dry. No potato salad, macaroni salad, chicken salad sandwiches for me, thank you. I made the mistake of calling it "White death in a jar" once in front of Brian's family. I'm afraid I won't live that down! It's a personal choice...like buttering your bread. Some do it...I don't.
Quirk #6 Eating food at other's homes (and some restaurants) gives me a little anxiety....until I have eaten there enough to know what to expect. I am a very picky eater and food scares me if I didn't make it myself (omitting all nasty things like onions, peppers, and until recently, tomatoes). I appreciate the restaurants that list the ingredients with the entree so I can politely say "no thank you" to the onions, mayo, etc. instead of looking like a child picking my sandwich a part and placing unwanted items on the side of plate. My mother would be so proud!
I feel a little better (unless I loose all of my friends, in which case I would feel worse). It's kind of like the whole "the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem" thing.
Tag! You're It: Katee, Michelle, Kelly, Heidi, Kristen, Melisa...and anyone else who wants to play!!
3 comments:
You learn something new everyday! Thanks for the tag, now I have to think about my quirks! Scary. Also, can't wait for this months book group!!
Natalie!
I'm glad you got my comment!!! Yes you can add me to your links-I'll add you too. I'm staying home-3 kids did me in!! I would like something like 1 day a week-just for money though not to actually work. I miss teaching but it is great to be home. Your boys are cute!! Jaxon missed the deadline (September birthday) so he'll go next year and we'll all be ready!!
Jenn
Wow, I didn't realize how weird you are, I'm not sure if we can still be friends, those are pretty dang psycho. :)
Man it must be tagging season, I've gotten about 4 this week. Just give me oh . . . . a couple of months or so.
Post a Comment