Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Funny Story....

I had a rather odd encounter tonight at the church. As we were about to leave to go see Brian's parents, a girl in the ward stopped me in the hall. "Congratulations!" she said. At first I thought she was referring to my new calling, but I was a little surprised at her exuberance. "For what?" I asked. She then looked straight down to my stomach and exclaimed, "On your pregnancy!" At this point I was completely dumbfounded. Apparently someone had informed her on Sunday that I was expecting a baby. She then proceeded to tell me that she also just found out that Jaxon was adopted. I just started to laugh. Adopted?!?! No way. I know I birthed that boy and I have the stretch marks to prove it!
She told me that on Sunday she was standing in the foyer with another lady in the ward. When she looked over at me she said the way I was standing made it look like I had a larger than normal pooch (my words not hers). She said she turned to her friend and said (pointing in my direction) "Is she expecting?" This is when she found out that not only was I expecting but what a miracle it was because I had previously adopted and continued on with my medical history.
It was at this point in the story that I realized what had happened. After church on Sunday I was standing next to my friend who IS expecting and DID adopt her two little girls. A small case of mistaken identity!

The Truth:
1. Jaxon was birthed by ME on August 9, 2004 in the McKay Dee hospital.
2. Rumors can be spread very easily by the smallest misunderstanding.
3. It's not a complete rumor.
4. Jaxon is going to be a big brother around May 8, 2008.

Now you know... and knowing is half the battle!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Congratulations. That is so exciting for you!

Melisa said...

AHHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited for you guys, congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a bonehead. It's not often you see someone with both feet in their mouth. I hope you had a witty (or snarky) response to put her in her place. If not then you should come up with one for the next time she or someone else says something so stupid. Then again, that might be a bad idea. Remember that Seinfeld episode where George is at a work meeting and in the meeting he's chowing down on fish(?) and his co-worker says, 'Hey George, the ocean called and said they're all out of fish.' The other workers all laughed, but George didn't say anything - anxiety froze him. So he thought and thought and finally came up with the perfect comeback. Then at another work meeting George is eating like a pig again, just baiting the guy to make the same comment, he does, and George says, 'Yeah, well, the jerk store called and said they're all out of YOU!' Nobody laughed; the guy took it in stride and made another dig at George, who (whom for all you grammar fascists) froze again.

More importantly, congratulations! The halloween pics are nice, too. I take it Jeffrey is in the Batman suit? And it looks one of Jaxon's friends was Spiderman - how did the little caveman react to that?