Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Merry Thanksgiveoween

Is it just me or does it seem like Christmas comes earlier each year? I know there are many out there that enjoy getting all their shopping done early so they can actually enjoy the holiday and come December 15th I am wishing I had started a little earlier.

About a month ago we were at Home Depot and saw one of the cashiers wearing this sign :



"Merry Thanksgiveoween"


It really gets to me that Thanksgiving gets passed over so quickly. It really says something about the world we live in when the holiday that focuses on giving thanks is such a non-event, and everyone is busily searching the ads to make their lists of what they want to get. Sure we gather as family and friends and consume hoards of delicious foods, but how much thanks are we really giving?

Just me and my random thoughts.

No comments: