Jaxon hasn't been eating very well lately. Sweets, crackers, cereal....eats 'em like a champ. Chicken, vegetables, anything remotely healthy...not a chance. Last night was a night of tough love at our house. I had made a chicken pot pie (very tasty I might add) for dinner. Jaxon mashed it up with his fork and stirred it around for awhile. Then he said "I'm done. Can I have a treat?" Done? He hadn't taken a single bite!! So the tough love began. We told Jaxon that he had to eat his dinner. Our exact words "You will sit at this table until your dinner is gone." (Does that sound anything like your parents or was I the only one who spent countless hours staring at my plate?)
The night proceeded as follows:
J: "I'm all done Daddy"
B: "You ate all your food?"
J: "Nope. Not yet."
Jaxon continued to play with his fork, cup, and plate. Still not a single bite taken.
J: "Is this Apple Pie? I don't like Apple Pie."
N: "It's not Apple Pie, it's chicken pie."
J: "I don't like chicken pie!"
He stared at his plate, hummed some unknown songs, and didn't eat a single bite.
J: "I think it's time for Family Night."
B: "That was last night. You need to eat your dinner."
15 more minutes of no eating
J: "Mom? Is it time for Family Night?"
N: "Not tonight. You need to eat dinner."
J: (Overly exaggerated sigh) "That's what Daddy said."
An hour and 15 minutes after we started dinner, Jaxon had taken two small bites of dinner. As we told Jaxon that it was now time for bed he went into near hysterics "I want to eat my dinner! I WANT TO EAT MY DINNER!!!!" Sorry Charlie, it's time for bed.
I should go make some lunch for Jaxon now. Pot Pie anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment