Jaxon's dream of dressing up like Superman was crushed by his own mother. I couldn't find a Superman costume that was cute enough for my little guy. I searched high and low and couldn't find anything that would work in his size. About a week before Halloween I had the grand idea to buy a larger sized costume and alter it. Yeah, right! What was I thinking?!?! I shouldn't kid myself like that. I am not a seamstress in the smallest sense of the word. So Monday we were off to the fabric store to create a costume. I do have to say that I thought the Caveman costume turned out really cute. He was pretty happy with the idea. (Even though this morning he informed me that he still wanted to be Superman...so sad!)
We started off the festivities late last night with the pumpkin carving. (I will add a picture later since we haven't taken one with it yet!) Jaxon chose the design, I drew it on the pumpkin, and Brian did the carving, gutting, and cleaning up. What a guy!
This morning Jaxon and I went to his Joy School Halloween party.We held it at the church so there was room for all the kids and parents. The mom in charge did a fantastic job! The kids decorated cookies, ate donuts off a string, and played lots of games. There was enough food to feed an army. It was a little slice of heaven for those 10 3-year-olds.
Tonight we went to my mom and dad's house for dinner. To keep with tradition we had hamburgers and took pictures before Trick-or-Treating. Jaxon was able to see all but one of his cousins in their costumes and take pictures with them. After my parent's house we headed off to the church for our Trunk-or-Treat activity. Jaxon's bucket was so full and heavy by the time he finished he could barely lift it!!! The youth in the ward put on a carnival in the gym where they had face painting, a fish pond, and other activities. And of course.....more treats! We then raced to Perry to see Brian's parents and have more pictures and get more treats.
This Halloween was really fun. Jaxon was finally old enough to understand the concept and enjoy it. When people would say "Aren't you the cutest Caveman?" He would simply reply, "Yeah, I am." Oh, so humble. Happy Halloweeen!!

No comments:
Post a Comment