Wednesday, November 7, 2007

There's Little Joy in Joy School

Call me a pessimist. Call me a realist. Call me insane. Just don't be surprised when I say no if you call me to do Joy School ever again. 99% chance that this will never happen again. I'm quite surprised at how difficult this is for me. I am, after all, a licensed professional in the field of teaching. I am not, however, qualified to teach toddlers!

Today I have decided to buck up and take it like a mom. I will not be defeated by these darling children. After dealing with boy #1 sticking his tongue in boy #2's ear and then watching as boy #2 passed it along to another unsuspecting victim, countless pulling of wrestlers apart, endless corralling, and worrying incessantly about my piano (for those that don't know...it's quite the magnet for little people), I realized that something must be done.

Next week: There will be assigned seating on their personalized carpet square (being purchased ASAP), there will be a teacher with a positive attitude, there will be fun and hopefully some learning. Oh, and yes. There will most definitely be bribery. How else do think I can pull this off?

1 comment:

Melisa said...

OH come on you mean a bunch of three year old are getting the best of super Nat? Sounds like your having a lot of fun over there;)