We go back in two weeks for a follow-up. For the next couple of months (or until Ryker is no longer nursing) I am also off dairy. No milk. No ice cream. No yogurt. No cheese. Even though it's going to take some time and some major product label reading it's totally worth it. I would do a lot more than just give up dairy for my little bean. I can drink soy...though I don't think there will be any of that going on. Ü
Here is a small sample of the things that Ryker won't be consuming in the next few years (I was really surprised about some of the things that have milk/eggs):
donuts, ice cream, root beer, pretzels, cake, cookies, french toast, egg noodles or pasta, meatloaf, frosting, pancakes, waffles, butter, margarine, mayonnaise. Will he ever gain weight?
Any ideas on what to serve for his first birthday? I suppose I can make a milk-free, egg-free, and frosting-free cake. The internet has to have something, right?
12 comments:
Although it sounds like no fun, I'm glad the doctor was able to figure it out. My principal's grandson was allergic to gluten, dairy, and something else and they go to the health food store to buy things for him. Maybe they'd some things there for the two of you. She said the hardest thing was keeping other people from giving him things he shouldn't have. Since he grew up not having stuff, he didn't know the difference until he got to be about 3. Good luck!
Going off dairy is harder than it sounds. I tried it for awhile to see if that was what was upsetting Byrosn. I don't think it was. I hate milk so I thought it would be easy but there are so many things that have dairy in it. I'm glad they figured out what was going on.
Brooklyn and Brynlee were both allergic to milk, but they actually did outgrow it. My Dr just had me start slowly with one thing at a time when they got to be a little bit bigger. I'm so sorry, I know it's tough seeing your little guy suffer through all those tests too. I hated the scratch test, I cried through the whole thing!
What a bummer. I drink like a gallon of milk a day. That's got to be tough, On the bright side soy is incredibly healthy.
How bout paces popcicles for his birthday? What a cute baby. I get so jealous every time that I see him sleeping in church. Those were the days.
Not that I want to be sleeping in church, well maybe sometimes. I meant that I love that he can still be rocked to sleep in your arms.
That is horrible! I can't believe that! He's so cute and looks so much older! I am behind on my Gabe's 9 months appointment-thanks for reminding me!! Hope everything goes better now that you know what he's allergic to!
Oh that does not sound fun! I have a friend that has a little boy that is allergic to a ton of stuff. If you want her email address let me know and maybe she could help you out. Brian probably remembers her because we all worked at Stewart Rehab together and she's actually still there. Her name is Bobbi.
I went off dairy for awhile while nursing Kenzie, and couldn't stand not having cold cereal so I gave into the soy milk. Bleck! I hate that stuff, but the cold cereal hid the taste (mostly).
Poor kid (and poor you). My brother had those same allergies and he's outgrown them now. Good luck.
So sorry! Glad they have figured out what has been bothering him. What we do for our children:) After you are done nursing, we will have to take a trip to Frosted Rock and get you the biggest ice cream there is!
I vote for twinkies for his birthday. There can't be anything natural in those things!
you want me to feed him a corn dog:) hehe just kidding. but as for the first birthday cake business : 1 cake mix (duncan hines works the best) for chocolate cake 1 12oz can of dt.coke & for white or yellow cake 1 12 oz can dt. mt dew. that is what i have done for wyatt's birthdays. apparently it's a weight watchers trick?? its not as tasty but just make a little one for him - you can eat the good stuff! did they give you any literature (cant spell & i know it) on his allergies.. if not i have loads!
Ahhh that sounds aweful. He's such a cute little monkey hopefully finding all this out will help though.
Post a Comment