Jaxon loves to play games. It would be pretty safe to say that we play at least one game every day. A couple weeks ago I taught Jaxon how to play checkers. It was so much fun! He caught on pretty quick and we've played it quite a bit ever since.
When Jaxon comes home from preschool we have a little routine. I usually ask him on the way home what he did but he won't tell me. "I'll tell you when we get home," he says. We come in the house and we sit on the couch together. "Close your eyes mom and I'll show you what we did." He pulls things out of his backpack one at a time and says "Now look!" He tells me what he learned and we read the little book he made that day together.
It's the little things everyday that mean the most. A phone call from Brian during the day. I hug for no reason. A smile from my baby. Playing games with Jaxon. Making dinner for my family. I am so thankful I get to be a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend. I'm glad I have purpose in my life....and I don't need to leave home to find it.
4 comments:
OOOHHH...What a sweet post. I totally agree with you! I love the pictures too! It seems I'm always looking for the next stage Cameron will be in, and then once he gets to it, I wish he was little again. I have finally realized to just enjoy where we're at. What a great post this was! :)
I love your new layout as well! you did a great job making it all....festive! I was working on it, but I'm too impatient. Could you teach me some of that! :)
Very well said...I totally agree. It's the little things that matter most:) I love the "close your eyes" thing, it must be their age because Boston does that frequently.
I love that last line, "I'm glad I have purpose in my life and I don't need to leave home to find it." How true.
That is so cute! Also kinda crazy because my Jaxon says almost word for word the same thing after his preschool-we do the same thing!! How funny! Way to put things into perspective!
Post a Comment