Monday, March 10, 2008

Road Kill

Saturday night Jaxon and I were driving down the road to the store. We had only traveled about 1 mile before this animal (first thought to be a cat....ended up being a very large raccoon)decided to dart into the road. My first reaction was to swerve, but then realized that there was no time. The car, as Jaxon said, went bump bump, and that was the end of it. I didn't cry (surprise, surprise) but I was freaked out over the whole ordeal. Jaxon talked about how only cars are supposed to be in the road for the rest of the drive. Smart boy.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the store Jaxon nervously cautioned me "Don't hit the people like the cat, mom!"

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you have Jaxon to be your conscience. That's what 3 year olds are good for!

Emily said...

Nat...I would love for you to check in on me every once in a while. Yes, the blogging world is great for keeping in touch...but oh so addicting!
Em