Monday, March 24, 2008

No News Is Good News

For the 3 of you that read my blog *thank you* and are wondering about today's doctor appointment, I will end the suspense now so you can all go to sleep.

I haven't dilated or effaced any more this week...which is a good thing. I will be 34 weeks on Thursday and the doctor's goal is "to get me to 36 weeks". That doesn't seem like much of goal. How about shooting for 38 weeks, doc? Then again, maybe he knows something about medicine that I don't. I mean after all, I've had one child delivered, and he's done the delivering on what? 100's? I suppose that might make him a little more of an expert in this field than me. I digress.
He checked to see if the baby was head down, which is good thing if I were to deliver this baby early...or any time for that matter. Don't worry. He's not. He's bum down. So, the plan is that at 36 weeks if the baby hasn't flipped on his own, he will manually flip him. (Thanks to my older sis, I have been informed that this REALLY hurts. Joy.)

I'm not quite sure how to read my doctor some times. He's wonderful and I love him and I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China, but there are times when I just want him to tell me how it is. Take today for example. After seeing that baby boy is breach he said: "I don't want to scare you, (yes, there is a but coming) BUT if you start feeling labor pains I want you to come in immediately. It's better to show up in false labor and be sent home than to wait and come in dilated to a 7 with a foot sticking out."

Sweet dreams. I'm sure mine will be!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Natalie, that is no fun! When I was pregnant I discovered this website, babycenter.com. It has lot of interesting little movies on it, including one where they showed flipping the baby. I'm not sure if I would recommend watching it or not. It was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Good Luck and TAKE IT EASY!

Julie said...

Ok..now I am going to faithfully check this blog everyday! I want to be in the loop as soon as all the excitement happens! I can't believe what you are going through! I hope they don't have to flip the baby around! I wish we lived closer to you guys..I would bring you dinner! I feel bad for all your stress lately! ;)
And by the way...I hope you have assigned Brian to keep the blog updated for the first little while once your bundle arrives.... (and tell him..no he doesn't have to write about French Toast and funny faces...but some pics of mommy and baby would be nice! ) :)