It seems I have a lot of days when I want to throw my hands in the air and scream "Life's Not Fair!" Life isn't fair. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. On those days it really helps to literally count my blessings.
Jaxon has been so much more than a blessing in my life. He came unexpectedly into my life at a time when the world seemed completely upside down. I didn't understand then why Jaxon was being sent at that time, but it didn't take long to realize that the Lord knew what He was doing, even if I didn't.
I remember one lonely night when Jaxon was 4 months old. I was really struggling with feeling alone and wondering why my life wasn't turning out anywhere near what I had planned. Jaxon started to fuss so I went into his room and picked him up. He snuggled right up to me and I had the most overwhelming feeling that he knew what I was going through. He knew I needed a hug and to be reminded that I am never really alone. He has always been very aware of my needs. He has been more than my son. Many times he is my strength and my best friend.
I love....
the way he holds my hand
the hugs and kisses
that he misses me when we're apart
the way he cocks his head and gazes up at me
when he greets me in the morning with a "Good morning, Sunshine!" and a kiss
how he knows exactly what I need...exactly when I need it
when he give me back rubs
that he needs me to take care of him
...the way he loves me.
1 comment:
That is pure goodness! Sometimes those little kids are so perfect in their innocence that they don't questions, they just do what is the exact right thing.
Post a Comment