
A friend of mine asked my 2 1/2 year old son, Jaxon, how old I was today. His response: "She's 5." (It's better than his other favorite number...49!) I am neither 5 nor 49, but right in the middle of those two numbers. It's so hard to imagine: I was once a chubby little baby, I survived elementary, junior high, and high school (though many days I'm sure I thought I wouldn't). I married the love of my life, graduated college, taught 162 unforgetable 2nd and 4th graders, and to top it all off I have an adorable little boy that tells me "It's a beauful day, mommy!" Yes, indeed. So many yesterdays cherished.
My tomorrows will undoubtedly bring more gray hairs to hide, laundry to fold, toilets to scrub, weeds to pull, and diapers to change. There will also be many more adventures to the park, stories to read, owies to kiss better, friends to chat with, date nights with my hubby, and memories to scrapbook. I look forward to them all! (Okay, probably not the gray hairs, but everything else looks good!)
That brings me to today. Birthdays are wonderful days! I have been surrounded by my wonderful friends and family and have been showered with their love. I have been blessed beyond words! What a great reminder of all the special people I have in my life!
Cherish Yesterday, Live Today, Dream Tomorrow
1 comment:
Holy moly, I always thought Jaxon looks like Brian. But I guess I was wrong - he looks just like you! Super cute!
Post a Comment