When I was younger, so much younger than I am now,
My body did this crazy stuff that made me cry out "yeow!"
My bones inside my body wanted to grow big and tall.
I said, "Hold on a while it will happen in no time at all."
As I grew my knees would hurt when I'd do almost anything.
My mom, the smartest gal alive, said, "Those are growing pains."
Well now I've stopped growin' (not so big and tall)
And ya know, that growing thing's really not bad at all.
'Cause now the pain has left my knees and headed for another part.
Straight up to that very vital organ. Straight up to my heart.
No, I'm not talking heartburn. It's more like roads that bend.
I really thought that I'd go straight and head right to the end.
I also thought that you'd come to and we'd walk this road together.
But I can see that our two roads won't go the same forever.
My heart is hurt and I'm real scared and I don't want to let you go.
Yet with a smile I'll release you're hand so you can find new ways to grow.
My mom says the sun will come out and put a stop to all this rain.
For what I'm feeling I've felt before. They're just growin' up pains.