Thursday, June 16, 2011

What's New?

Here are a few photos of the progress we've made with our little princess... 36 weeks today! Can you believe it?!?! On March 1st I was admitted into the hospital for my cerclage. That was 108 days ago. I never would have imagined then that I would see this day. And yet, here we are, still cookin away!



My doc isn't going to lift any restrictions. I still have to use the wheelchair when I go to my appointments. I still am on bathroom, shower, sit up to eat privileges only. I have taken the liberty to make the most of my bathroom breaks by extending them a little....like filling up my water, getting a snack, and taking pictures of strollers and quilts, etc. Not all at once of course. Only one adventure per break. Brian says I'm throwing caution to the wind. I'm living on the edge I tell ya!


I'm feeling pretty good physically. Sleep is tough at times, but I get enough to maintain my level of activity of reading, watching movies, and surfing the net! Emotionally June has been super tough. Brian is wonderful...absolutely amazing! If anyone deserves Father/Husband of the Year he does for sure. Unfortunately for our situation, he will be buying his own Father's Day gifts this year....which means he probably won't, but he should. I think we'll be celebrating his half birthday and half Father's Day this year to make up for everything!


This post is taking forever. It's now Friday. I saw my doc again today. We scheduled to remove my stitch and deliver our baby on July 1st...which will put us at 38 weeks +1 day. He's really thinking that it should go pretty fast. Either way, we'll have a baby either on Friday the 1st of Saturday the 2nd. I'll be admitted on the 1st and I won't leave until we have the baby. Only 14 days away. Yikes! It's crazy to plan when the baby is coming. Both Ryker and Jaxon came before we expected them. I know lots of people schedule inductions and know weeks before the birthdate of their baby, but it just seems weird to me. Maybe she'll have her own agenda like the boys and come when she wants to!



I only have 1 more appointment with my OB and 1 more progesterone shot. It really is hard to imagine that this journey is (slowly!) coming to an end.


There is still a ton to do in the next 14 days, but we do have a few things ready like....




A very cute and impractical stroller/carseat!! Impractical only because it is not gender neutral, but there is a super great chance that little princess will be the only one of our children to use it. It's light tan with pink. I never thought Brian would go for pink, so I had originally picked out one that was red. He suggested pink and I jumped on it! Last Saturday Brian picked it up and put it together. Now at least we have a way to bring her home from the hospital.


Here is the super-de-duper amazing quilt my friend made for her room. I love it! It really turned out cute and I couldn't be happier :). I'm thinking we'll ...ha! there's no 'we' in this...I mean Brian will paint her room a light pink and I'll accent it with some teals and oranges and brighter pinks. We'll see. I'm not much of a decorator, but I have a few ideas in mind.


Brian lucked out and had the day off unexpectedly (the doc he was supposed to be in surgery with decided to run the Ragnar race) so he was able to get most of the office moved downstairs. Now all we need to do is paint, clean carpets, put up the crib, bring up the dresser,.... in 14 days. Doesn't sound like much but he works at least 50 hours a week and is on full-time daddy duty when he gets home.


One thing that has been occupying our evenings for the last few weeks is baseball. Or is it softball? I'm not sure. Jaxon is playing on a 1st/2nd grade team this year. It is still co-ed and this year they are using a pitching machine. From what I've been told, Jaxon has done really well and he absolutely loves it! He takes some pretty crummy pitches at times and Brian says he reaches for the ball. He's been told to wait for a good pitch, but he is so afraid he'll have to use the tee (they get 4 pitches and then they use the tee if they haven't hit the ball yet) that he just hits what he can reach. It's not pretty but it does the job.

Hopefully Brian will be able to get some pictures and video of him playing in action next week.



Brian also took the day off on Monday to take Ryker to some appointments. He had an appointment with the allergist to do a food challenge with peanuts. The last blood test came back with no indication that he still had a peanut allergy.


So, on Monday Brian and Ryker went to the allergist and over the space of 4 1/2 hours ate peanuts. They start with practically peanut dust and wait 20 min to watch for reactions. Then a half of a peanut. Wait 20 minutes. Then a whole peanut. So on and so forth and at the end of it he ate 8 peanuts and still didn't have a reaction. Ryker called me after the appointment and said "I did it! I'm fine!!" He was so excited!


After that appointment, they went to the hospital for some blood work to rule out other possible reasons for his small size (thyroid, etc). They gave him this cute little bear wearing scrubs. He has been so attached to his "Docker Bear" and loves to show people when they come over.

3 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

You look so cute! Love the stroller and that cute quilt. I am excited for you guys! Can't wait to see my cute niece and nephews in August. Love ya.

The Bullard Family said...

I'm so happy that things are going so well. Hey what are your plans for this week??? I'm all free-I would love to come visit for a minute or two:)

lhhadley said...

I enjoyed your update. Yay for July almost being here! I can't believe you are FINALLY having her:) I can't wait to see her.