Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I don't know if it's church-wide, but I remember as a youth playing volleyball in Young Women's and when a beehive (or anyone for that matter) didn't hit the ball over the net on their turn serving, everyone yelled "Beehive serve!"...which meant they got a do-over.

Bed rest has pretty much meant a flop for both Brian's birthday and now Father's Day. I told Brian that this year we're going to celebrate both his half birthday and half Father's Day. I think it's only fair that he gets a real celebration and I get a do-over!

Like every Sunday, he got the boys ready for church while I slept. After church he made dinner and cleaned up all while I laid on the couch. After a well deserved nap, he took the boys on a walk to deliver dishes/thank you notes.

Even with all the work, we still tried to make it a nice day for him.
Ryker and Jaxon both made little cards for Brian in church today. You can see Ryker beaming with pride as Brian looks at his card after church. Ryker was so proud of his hand!



I helped the boys make little cards for Brian. The front hand says "I love you..." and when you open it up the accordion part between hands says "THIS MUCH!"


As luck would have it, I had purchased this book for Father's Day last year and had forgotten to give it to Brian. The only thing the boys like better than reading stories is having their daddy read the stories to them!

Brian bought himself a rifle for Father's Day. He doesn't look too thrilled in the picture, but believe me, he is! He's wanted a gun for a long time now and it's not something I could have picked out myself anyway, so I guess it worked out.



These boys are so lucky to have such an amazing dad. It's not been a stretch by any means for Brian to take over as the full-time parent. He's always been so involved in every aspect of their lives. He does everything from changing diapers, getting up in the night with them, taking them on walks, making fun meals, wrestling nightly, to planning FHE and reading scriptures. He does it all and he does it all with a smile. He is their hero!


We love you, Brian. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Dismalland said...

I have been keeping tabs on you anyway I can. I saw Scott at Kent's the other night, etc. You have done amazing keeping the baby growing!!! We live about a mile off the freeway, so we can see a lot of Brigham, including the temple. Keep posting please!!!