Friday, June 24, 2011

Take Me Out

To The Ball Game!!


Yesterday I went to my last doctor appointment. We talked about what to expect next week, what time to be there, how it would all go down, etc. When the doc and I walked out of the room into the hallway, his nurse was standing by my wheelchair and said that she would take me out to my mom in the waiting room. My lovely doc waved his hand and said "You can walk out today." What!?! Are you serious? I was so excited!!


Sounds so stupid to be so excited over walking, but I have never felt comfortable being pushed around in a wheelchair. While I was in this state of euphoria I blurted out "Would you be okay with me going to my son's baseball game tonight?" My doc smiled and said "Hope he hits a homerun! Have fun!!" At which point I exclaimed "Seriously? I love you!"


They all got a good laugh at the ridiculous, and ridiculously huge, pregnant lady slightly freaking out over the possibility of actually venturing out into the real world. I told my doc as I was leaving that Brian may have to call him to verify that he did truly give me permission to go.


Brian was pretty nervous about the whole ordeal, even contemplated inviting the paramedics along just in case, but he was happy that Jaxon and I were so excited for me to go so it balanced out okay in the end.


It was Jaxon's last game of the season. In all the excitement of leaving my couch, I didn't think to grab the camera. Luckily one of our sweet friends took some pictures of Jaxon for me.




He looked so cute in his uniform and in all the catcher's gear!


It was so nice to be out of the house, around people, and actually being involved in a family activity! I didn't go into labor, phew!, but I was in a bit of pain last night. I'll stay down until the big day, I haven't been given the 100% go ahead, and we've come so far that we don't want to throw all our hard work out the window.

No comments: