A week ago we saw cousin Lauren's first loose tooth. Later that day,
Jaxon informed me that he also had a loose tooth. Uh huh. Sure. Just like when one kid says they went to Disneyland over
UEA, suddenly they ALL went to Disneyland over
UEA.
Jaxon hasn't hit that stage yet, so I really should have believed him. A day or two later I realized that something was wrong with
Jaxon's mouth. His tooth was crooked. As I examined further it was confirmed that he did indeed have a loose tooth....just like Lauren.
We saw Lauren again last Friday, but this time without her tooth. She told
Jaxon all about the Tooth Fairy that came to her house and left her money. That was motivation enough.
Jaxon continued to wiggle that tooth and on Sunday, after it was sticking straight out, we decided that it was safer to remove the tooth than to have him swallow it while eat during dinner.
It took some convincing that the blood was part of the process (he still freaks out at the sight of blood!) and didn't even realize it when Brian pulled the tooth out.
Jaxon loves showing everyone the hole in his mouth and the cool gold coin ($1 coin) the Tooth Fairy left. He's got another loose tooth and brushes religiously so he'll get gold coins instead of pennies for his teeth!

This has been
Ryker for the last few days. Miserable, ornery, snotty-nosed, and tired....because he hasn't been sleeping.

We've done a whole lot of snuggling, consoling, and pulling our hair out because we thought it was a cold and there's nothing you can do for a baby with a cold.

Then I snapped this picture of
Ryker today while he played the piano. When I downloaded it I noticed a white little speck on the right side of his mouth. Could it be? Yes it is! Molars! That explains everything. Upon further inspection I can see that he has 2 molars coming in on the bottom, one on each side! Now we know, and knowing is half the battle.
1 comment:
I can't believe he's already lost a tooth! I thought that didn't happen until at least the middle of kindergarten? I better pay close attention to Allie's teeth.
Post a Comment