This summer we finished our basement. By "we" I hope you know that I mean we wrote the check to make it happen. Brian helped "the worker guys" (as Jaxon called them) do miscellaneous things and we did all the painting. Phew! They say life is a dance and you learn as you go...sometimes you lead and sometimes you just pray that the song will end so you can sit down. Well, during this dance we learned A LOT and I am so glad it's 99.999% done.
Besides resealing the tile in the kitchen, building the shelves in our storage room, installing blinds, and getting all the furniture...I am happy to say that the basement is finished!
Can we get a great big hallelujah from the crowd!?!?
Here are the before and after pictures:
North side of the house
Left: View from basement door Right: View from far west wall.
(the door is at the bottom of the stairs)
South side of house
Left: View from far east wall (garage on the other side) Right: View from the far west wall
HALLWAY
Left: Bedroom #1 and under-stair storage Right:Bathroom and food storage room
(the door sticking out is a pocket door to separate the basement if someone is staying with us)
BEDROOMS
FAMILY ROOM
(door on the right goes to playroom)
Love them, love them, L.O.V.E. love them!!
The toyroom isn't very big, but it's big enough and it has been oh, so heavenly!
BATHROOM
KITCHEN
Left: Kitchen Right: view from kitchen door
The cabinets were a nightmare, but thankfully we have very generous and talented friends. Thank you Dave and Ken!! They are beautiful!!!
Soon after moving in my dad built the walk-out in the basement with the intent of putting an apartment of sorts in for my brother Trevor. He subsequently moved to Korea to teach English. We've always talked of finishing the basement with the same goal...a place for friends or family to stay...a place for our family to grow and enjoy.
4 comments:
I LOVE the basement! I'm also jealous :) We have been really squished together without having our basement finished yet. I love the toy room. Everything turned out great!
It looks great! I agree, toy rooms and space for toys is heavenly!!
The Tahoe pics are cute, and it looks like so much fun:)
Mmmm, I can smell the fresh paint and new carpet. It looks awesome!
It looks huge! I wish we could finish our basement. I love the idea for the toy cubbies.
Post a Comment