Monday, March 2, 2009

Ode To Dr. Seuss (Reposted)

I'm reposting this poem (I can't seem to make up another poem about the great man) in honor of the great Dr. Seuss. I don't know where I would be without his wonderful words!!



On Mulberry Street and the big sandy beaches
From Horton, the Grinch, lots of Who's, and the Sneaches.

You taught us the value of treating people the same
That when mother's not home we shouldn't play games .

Life can get scary and sometimes it gets tough
But we have don't have to give up when the going is rough.

And let us never forget persistant Mr. Sam -I- Am
Who eventually won the battle of green eggs and ham.

Oh, the places we'll go! Oh, the fun things we'll see
When we sit down together to have a good read.

We'll have a good laugh with words like quotestant and bludgend
Happy Birthday, Ted Geisel (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss), you're a legend!

2 comments:

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Wow! Great poem. You should publish it! Doesn't it just make you miss teaching?? It does me...sniff sniff.. :(

Amateur Steph said...

Sweet! This poem is a perfect tribute to Dr. Seuss.