To say that we pulled off our ward Christmas party would be an understatement. It was fabulous! It was an absolute miracle!!
We were told to plan on a little less than 200 people attending the party. We ordered 200 pieces of chicken cordon bleu from Golden Corral thinking that we would have enough and possibly some leftover. We had set up 192 chairs. Shortly after the dinner began Brian and friends were setting up more tables and chairs (for a total of 220). I watched the chicken nervously hoping we would have enough. The last person to walk through the line had chicken...the very last piece. Nothing but crumbs left over. A miracle.
The play was written by a lady in the ward a few years back. She let us use the play and some of the props. We had 4 musical numbers, Santa, lady being taught the true meaning of Christmas, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, 2 angles, 2 shepherds, 2 wise men. The only time we could get everyone together to practice was the morning of the party. We went through it once. The play turned out fantastic. Truly a miracle.
In the end we had quite a few baked potatoes left over, along with the butter and sour cream. Brian and I had to drive into Ogden after the party so we decided to donate the leftover potatoes and condiments to the Ogden Rescue Mission. They were so grateful!
When it was all said and done I couldn't have asked for a better committee. They all fulfilled their assignments and were willing to do so much more. Jaxon and Brian are committee members by default and I couldn't have done it without them. From beginning to end they were by my side helping every step of the way.
Jaxon helping dry dishes in the kitchen after the party.
1 comment:
wow I srue admire anyone that can pull off any kind of ward activity. I dont have the talent or patience for that kind of work kudos to you, it sounds like alot of fun. We need to get together.
Post a Comment