I have realized that I am not very good with staying in touch with people. Even my closest of friends. I really don't enjoy talking on the phone and I avoid it as much as possible. Maybe it is due to the countless hours spent on the phone during my teen years or that modern technology makes emailing and texting that much more convenient. Totally impersonal. Completely convenient. That's the world we live in.
Even though I may not see or talk to many of my closest friends on a regular basis, it doesn't mean that they mean less to me or that I don't think about them often. Case in point. My friend Tori and I met at girls camp 16 years ago. Shortly after that she moved into my ward and we attended Junior High together. Upon graduation we both attended WSU for a few years before she transferred to the University of Utah.
Tori moved to New York, New York 3 1/2 years ago to live the extravagant single life in a very happening city. Recently she married her sweetheart, Tim, and I was able to see her as they came home for an open house. It's a nice feeling to see a friend. Someone you feel safe with, someone to laugh with, someone to share memories with. The time and states between us hasn't changed how I feel about my friend. True friends are friends forever. Time and space doesn't change that.

1 comment:
Is that Tori Mealy she looks Beautiful. And Dito on the friend thing.
Post a Comment