Sunday, September 16, 2007

One Great Grandma


On Sunday we celebrated my Grandma Taylor's 82nd birthday. For most of my life my grandparents have lived in southern Utah. Last December they made the move up to Uintah to be closer to the rest of the family. It has been so nice to have them around so that Jaxon can get to know these wonderful people. My grandma and grandpa Taylor are at the top of my list of "The World's Best People".
Here are some fun facts about my grandma:
  1. She is the mother of 9 children, the grandmother of 42, the great-grandmother of 37.
  2. She crochets, quilts, makes dolls and other toys, she sewed the majority of my barbies' clothes.
  3. When she and my grandpa worked as care takers at Camp Woodland, she made her own fishing pole and caught a fish with it.
  4. She is an amazing cook. She taught my mother well. Where I went wrong I'll never know!
  5. I have never seen my grandma angry or upset. (Even after two of her 3-year-old great-grandchildren broke her wind chime at her birthday party. We won't say who. It's too embarrassing!) She is genuine and kind.
  6. She has been temple worker in the Manti and St. George temples.
  7. Grandma has a wonderful sense of humor. I love listening to her tell stories. She gets laughing so hard she cries. Ü
  8. At 80 years old Grandma taught Sunbeams and guaranteed herself a seat in the Celestial Kingdom.

I hope that when I am 82 I will be able to do all the things that she continues to do. Happy Birthday, Grandma! We love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat,

No offense, but I think grandma's crochet skills are a tad better than her crotch skills :) Yes, my sense of humor is still immature - but I don't laugh out loud at inappropiate moments as much as I used to. For instance, in class when I take roll and read a name that sounds like Suck One or He Bum Suck (they're in the same class and both are good students) I can do so with a straight face.

Thanks for blogging, it's great to hear what you're up to.

Natalie said...

I fixed it! Thanks for bringing the error to my attention. Glad I could make you laugh Ü