Monday, July 16, 2007

J is for Jaxon

Tonight Jaxon is helping me go through my boxes of teaching supplies in an attempt to only haul back the essentials. (As if that is physically possible for any elementary teacher!) It's turning out to be quite a daunting task!

As I sat sorting files I heard Jaxon having the following conversation with himself.

"What's this letter?"
"It's a J for Jaxon!"
"Good job, people!"

(At this point I look to see what he is doing. He is talking to the sofa and holding a blank clipboard so that all the "people" could see what he was referring to.)


"This letter is for Lauren."
"Yeah, for Lauren!"
"See this?"

"This is Jaxon and Lauren!" (pointing to the blank clipboard)
"Jeffrey is back here."

(Now turning to me) "Mom? You kids are naughty?"

How does he remember? Last fall Jaxon came to visit me at school. I had 3 kids staying in from recess because they were....well....being naughty, I suppose. It's made a lasting impressing on him. Three poor, sad, totally picked on kids have scarred him for life!

To all of Jaxon's future teachers: You're welcome! I hope he never misbehaves!

Sidenote: We've been working on letter recognition. So far he knows J for Jaxon, S for Superman and Scott, X for Jaxon, and O for ? Never tied O to anything. Better get right on that!

1 comment:

r_turner47@hotmail.com said...

Too cute! Maybe Kyle needs to come visit Jaxon's "school."

Ruth