Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Dating Game

This weekend I went on not 1, but 2 dates... with two different guys!

On Friday, my sister and I did a babysitting switch. I watched her little man while they went to the movies Friday afternoon. When they came to pick up Wyatt, they took Jaxon home with them so Brian and I could enjoy some time together. (I think we need to do this switch thing more often!)

Brian and I went miniature golfing at Eagle Lake in Roy. Either I am a really bad miniature golfer or it was a really tough course! (I like to think it was really tough.) Brian blew me out of the water! It's a good thing I am a good loser (with all my practice I better be good at it) or I would have been really upset with my score. You know the 6-stroke rule? Yeah, I had to use it MORE than once! It was truly disgraceful!! The most important part of any game is not who wins or looses, but who you play the game with. I would loose every time if it meant spending time with Brian. Thanks for the date, babe!


School has been extremely busy for Brian lately (another reason why golf meant so much) and Saturday was no different. Brian was gone from sun-up to sun-down working on a paper. So, Jaxon and I decided to make the most of it. We ate cereal for dinner, danced in the living room, rented movies, and popped popcorn. We watched "Charlotte's Web" first. I have to say that I was quite disappointed. I've said it before and I'll say it again....books are always sooooo much better than the movie! The best part of the show was the song during the credits. I loved it! Jaxon thought Charlotte was gross. He mentioned more than once that he didn't like spiders.

Not wanting me to spend the evening alone, Jaxon stayed up to watch the 2nd movie "Music and Lyrics". Yes, it was cheesy. And it was predictable. Of course I liked it! It was full of 80's type music and really bad dancing! What's not to love?

At the end of the movie I tucked my little man into bed and told him thanks for being my date. He replied: "I'm not a date! I'm your Jaxon guy!"
Thanks, Jaxon-guy, for being a great date!

1 comment:

Josh said...

I totally agree with the whole baby switch thing! It gave us a chance to get to be alone too. Just let us know and we'll do it again.