Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Goals

I've heard that in order to be more successful in accomplishing our goals we need to
1- write them down 
2-share our goals with others.

It all comes down to being accountable.

So here are my goals for 2013:

Family
* Complete photo books for Jaxon, Ryker, and Taylee's first years.
* Complete 2 years of family photo books
(I tried to be a scrapbooker once...made some layouts, never got a single picture on a page. It's not me. The photo books are much more up my alley and I love them!)
*Take more pictures with my children with their grandparents. I have a gazillion pictures of my kids alone and together, and quite a few with their cousins, and some with their aunts and uncles....but not too many with grandparents.

Spiritual
*Finish the Book of Mormon (I didn't do so hot in 2012, but I'll keep going and start again)
*Attend the temple monthly (I would love to get back to 2x a month...)
*Write in my journal weekly
*Follow/Live the 13th Article of Faith


Physical
*Eat vegetables daily (and no more Tootsie Rolls for breakfast)
*Run a 5k (I honestly don't love running, but it's a measurable goal and I need to get off my duff!)
*Exercise to be healthy, not to lose inches or pounds
*Make dinner 4x a week (at least)

Personal
*Overcome my fear of water by learning how to swim
*Sign up for swimming lessons!
(Can you believe I can't swim?!? That was so hard to put on here. Dumb, huh? Judge me if you will. I can't swim. I have this extreme fear of not having air. Put a blanket over my head and I will freak out! I can't even have my children sleep by me face to face...there's not enough oxygen! So naturally, getting to the point where I could keep my face in the water long enough to learn how to swim never happened. I can back float to save my life, but that's about it. I'm ready to get over this. If it wasn't for my children I don't know that I would ever face this fear. I often think about them and what if something happened in the water. Could I save them? Since this is the year of Faith not Fear...I'm going to do it. Soon. If I can ever get the guts to make the call...)

Crafty
*Get crafty :)  (Just kidding...that will probably not happen!)
*Complete simple projects like:
-Taylee's hair clip/bow holder
- Something else that I will think of later...

Emotional
*Don't be crazy :)
*Remember that events in life can either make me bitter or better. Choose better. Bitter is ugly.

13 is my favorite number, always has been. I have a good feeling about this 2013. It's going to be a good year!

I will also update this blog with pictures if I can ever figure out why blogger won't let me download photos.

2 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

I love all of this!!! So motivating to read! My mom couldn't swim either and took lessons when I was 16. It taught me when watching her that we can't let fear control us. What a good example to your adorable kiddos. Xoxo

Kristin @ Navy Bean Lane said...

Nat I love your goals. You are brave to put them out there ... I am not that brave :) I say we train together for that 5k once the snow melts! Miss ya!