Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's Up, Ryker?

Ah, Ryker! Such a cute little stinker!! Ryker is at such a fun age. I really love 3!! He doesn't have all the milestones that Jaxon has reached but hopefully one of these days (one of these days soon!) we'll be posting about him being potty trained. Not today. He knows what he wants and he's not one to be persuaded to do anything that is not his on his agenda.



One day while we were cleaning up dinner, Ryker was standing on the step stool and lost his footing. He fell a whopping 12-24 inches but landed just right and split his chin open. He had his first adventure having stitches put in on the kitchen counter. It was traumatic, but it all ended up being fine in the end.



Ryker loved his first helicopter ride at Peach Days. I personally thought he was way too young, but he continues to have very few fears and didn't seem bothered at all. He points out helicopters when we see them flying over head. He calls them copter-planes :)

He also enjoy playing in Great Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's irrigation water at Peach Days.




Little People, games, super heros, ninja turtles, fighting bad guys....this kid loves to play! We've certainly missed having Jaxon around all day. Ryker is a lot like Jaxon in the fact that he plays so well. He can play all by himself and be completely happy and entertained and he also plays well with others. The first month or so that Jaxon was in school he would say periodically throughout the day "Jaxon at school? Lets go get him now." He loves his brother.


He also loves his sister, she just doesn't play "bad guys" like he would like. Ryker loves to talk to her and look at her and prefers when someone else is holding Taylee so that we can hold Ryker. He thinks he still needs to be held a lot of the time. And because I don't have the energy to play battle of wits with him, I usually give in and am often times seen carrying not only Taylee in her carseat, but also Ryker. It needs to stop before I break my back!


He says cute things like "Mom, can I wear my piggies?" Which translates into meaning he wants to go barefoot. He says "Where is him?" when he is looking for someone or something. He calls anyone wearing a cowboy hat a Hee-haw guy. He loves to give hugs and kisses and gets super excited when either Brian or I come home after being gone to meetings or whatnot. He has the cutest little voice and language and I am really going to miss this stage. He's growing up more and more each day! He is still our little Ryker Bean and brings so much excitement into our lives!


He also loves to tell knock-knock jokes. He'll say "Let's play the knock-knock game!" Only problem is that he tells the same knock-knock joke (with slight variations from time to time) over and over again.


Knock-knock?



Who's there?



Echo.



Echo who?



Echo 5!






And then he laughs and laughs. And so do we. Because let's face it, I still think it is so funny!

No comments: