Monday, March 14, 2011

22 weeks 4 days

"Mama said there'd be days like this. There'd be days like this, my mama said."

They say it's raining outside....apparently it was a really nice day outside yesterday. Those are things I don't know much about any more. Sometimes it's hard to tell from where I lay/sit. I don't have any doctor appointments this week so I won't be venturing outside my house any time soon. Bummer. Who would have thought I would get so excited to drive to the hospital twice a week? :)

Good news: the pharmacy is filling all my progesterone shots for the rest of the pregnancy at the original price...about $50/month. I feel awful for those that will need it in the coming weeks. The money-grubbing-drug-makers have decided that it's going to now cost $1500/month. Really? Who can afford that? I feel so blessed to get it at the affordable price. A very serious tender mercy! Speaking of tender and mercy...Brian gets to give me the shot every Tuesday in the keister. Oh, mercy! My tooshie is so tender!!! Short term pain for a long term gain :)

Other good news: My doctor appointments went well last week. Things are looking better, not out of the woods yet, but doing better. I am to do "as little as possible for as long as possible". I see both doctors every other week. Next week I think they will be giving me the steroid shots to develop the lungs on Little Princess...just in case she doesn't follow the game plan and decides to come too early.

Bed rest, even in it's now semi-moderate form, really isn't all it's cracked up to be. As the perinatologist (the high-risk pregnancy doc) told me last week.... It's not so much the physical side of bed rest that is hard....it's more the mental and emotional side of things. And well, we all know the state of a normal pregnant brain, don't we?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are really truly having a girl! There is no doubt from the ultra-sound. Over and over and over again it was proof positive that this was not a boy baby.

So, even though I am fighting a mental and emotion battle...and I guess physical as well, I feel so blessed. I have the greatest family and such helpful and supportive friends. I wouldn't have made it this far without them and I know the next 17 weeks 2 days would be dreadful without knowing I have them to lean on.

Mama also says that I can do hard things...and she hasn't been wrong yet.

3 comments:

Adam & Emily said...

You are wonder woman!!! We will keep praying for you and can't wait to see your cute little baby girl in about 17 weeks!!

Michelle said...

You really are amazing. Sorry about the sore rear end. I'm so excited for you to have a girl and can't wait to start seeing pink around your house. Hang in there.

Kroeger Klan said...

Hang in there!! Bed rest can be brutal! Just a warning: The steroid shots are just as painful as the progesterone (I'm doing the progesterone shots now and I hope I can cut a deal with the insurance company like you did!!)