Jaxon had this little assignment at school. It says:"Dad is my hero because....he takes care of me and he helps hurt people."
Mostly he helps people who are hurt, but I suppose on many occasions what he does to help does indeed hurt them...I guess he got it spot on!
The boys adore their daddy. As soon as they hear the garage door open at night they come a running. Shrieking all the way "Daddy's home! Daddy! Daddy's home!" They greet him by the door and maul him with hugs. One of these days I should stand by with the camera in my hand so I can document it for when my brain stops working (which might be sooner rather than later!).
On days like yesterday, days where he is gone before they open their eyes in the morning and home after they are fast asleep in their beds, those are long days. The phone call at dinner time to say goodnight has to suffice for the wrestling, hugs and kisses, and other manly games.
He's the best kind of daddy and a very super hero indeed.
Mostly he helps people who are hurt, but I suppose on many occasions what he does to help does indeed hurt them...I guess he got it spot on!
The boys adore their daddy. As soon as they hear the garage door open at night they come a running. Shrieking all the way "Daddy's home! Daddy! Daddy's home!" They greet him by the door and maul him with hugs. One of these days I should stand by with the camera in my hand so I can document it for when my brain stops working (which might be sooner rather than later!).
On days like yesterday, days where he is gone before they open their eyes in the morning and home after they are fast asleep in their beds, those are long days. The phone call at dinner time to say goodnight has to suffice for the wrestling, hugs and kisses, and other manly games.
He's the best kind of daddy and a very super hero indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment