Friday, October 8, 2010

Conversation at Lunch



R:Mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mom!
M: Yes, Ryker?
R: Please snack.
M. Lunch first.
R:butter-honey?
M: Do you want a honey sandwich?
R: Hmmmmm. No.
M:Do you want nuggets?
R: Hmmmm. No.
M:Do you want a corn dog?
R:Dotdog!Yes!

We got the corndog cooked and we were sitting at the table ready for lunch.

R:Mom. Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mommy. Mom. Mommy.
M:What, honey?
R:Da fly.
M:Yep there's a fly.
R:Back. Fly back.
M:Yep. The fly is back.
R: Prayer!
M: Okay, fold your arms for prayer.
R: Bip (dip...which is ketchup) Dat way. (tips it upside down) Dat way. (puts it right side up)
M:Ryker, fold your arms.
R: Dat way. (turns it to the right) Dat way. (turns it so the side is facing him) Prayer! Bip.
M:After the prayer.

We are finally able to say the prayer.

M:Where do you want the dip?
R:No! No! No dip!
M:Do you want me to put it back?
R:Da fly.
M: (acknowleding the fly) Yes. Do you want dip?
R:Mom, mom, mommy, mom!
M: Yes, Ryker?
R: Bip! (pointing to his plate) Da fly! Baseball. Yuck!

It's hard not to laugh at his conversations. They are so completely random! Earlier this week we were driving down the road as a family and Ryker started jabbering. We had no idea what he was trying to tell us, but he was very adamant about what ever it was. Jaxon suddenly says, "Oh, I know what he is saying! He said he wants chicken nuggets from Wendy's!"

2 comments:

Julie said...

HA ha!! I love moments like this!! So stinkin' cute! (reminds me of when Katie was like 4 years old and we were driving around lookin at Christmas lights one night with our grandparents and out of the blue, Katie says "Mom, I think Grandpa and Grandma REALLY want a happy meal!" We still talk about that!
I hope you guys are really still up for comin' to the house! I'll let ya know what Rex says when he gets back! :)

Michelle said...

That's awesome. I need to start keeping track of funny conversations I have with Bronson and Levi. Today I was asking Bronson if he wanted a hot dog to which he informed me no, he wanted a warm dog. Silly kids.