Monday, November 9, 2009

18 Months

Our little Ryker-Bean is 18 months! Once again I am shocked at how fast the time has gone. He is such a busy and joyful little guy, so much busier than Jaxon ever was.

Here are 18 things about Ryker at 18 months:

  1. Has 10 teeth...and more in the works
  2. Loves to climb....everything!

  3. Is traumatized by nursery

  4. Adores his big brother

  5. Gets really excited while watching football with his dad

  6. Prefers to play with my eyeshadow over everything else in the bathroom

  7. Absolutely LOVES to have his teeth flossed and brushed...and then chew on the toothbrush when it's his turn.

  8. Has two volumes...off and LOUD

  9. Weighs 19.1 pounds

  10. Likes his binky and blanket when he's tired

  11. Growls at every animal...picture or real

  12. 4 letters B. U. S. Y! Oh, boy is he busy!!

  13. Plays (pounds!) on the piano daily

  14. Knows that putting on shoes mean we're going outside...he LOVES to put on his shoes!

  15. Likes hot dogs, pancakes, Oreos, bananas, applesauce, and graham crackers

  16. Is very tidy...he'll put anything back where it goes if you ask him to

  17. Doesn't like dirty hands or food crumbs on his tray while he's eating

  18. Makes our family smile every single day!!
We went to the allergist a few weeks ago hoping for really great news. It wasn't. His milk allergy has gone up 4 times! His nut allergy is also on the rise. The eggs however, are on a downward trend, so we're hoping that at his 2 year appointment he will be egg-allergy free!

There are times when I get so worried, stressed-out, frustrated over his food issues. Little things like the family in front of us at church eating Goldfish crackers and dropping a few(innocently) on the floor. We send him with his own snacks to nursery, but what if he takes a treat from another kid!?!? This is one reason why I'm not too upset over the fact that he won't go. We carry Epi-pens and pray we'll never have to use them.

One thing I've realized through all of this is that it really does take a village to raise a child. I am so grateful for so many people who have helped us with Ryker and his food issues. I have found so many people who have children with food allergies that are willing to share ideas, recipes, and give support. It's definitely not convenient having to read every single label and pack food every time we leave the house, but it's doable, and it could be so much worse.


*pictures by Terra @ Magnifique Photography

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I've told you before, but I will say it again: He is the most beautiful little boy! I just want to squeeze him every time I see him!